Saturday, February 7, 2009

The One With Money, Eating and Other Goings-On

We started teaching Zach about money. He can do jobs or read me a book for a quarter. He even wiped Eli's poopy butt for a quarter. We made this Juice Carton Wallet to hold his money. He looks at the Lego website all the time at the sets he wants to see if he has enough to buy it yet. We went to the store and he choose this. He was so excited. Funny thing, he was looking on the Lego website at the Pirate sets he wants, which he does almost daily. He did two jobs and wrote them on his job list. He gave himself $99.99 for one job and $19.99 for the other which just happen to be the prices of two of the sets. He's catching on.

I took Eli to the hospital for a Feeding Team appointment. I know, I had never heard of it either. His pediatrician was concerned about him because he hasn't been gaining very much weight and he wasn't swallowing food. Which is also probably why he wakes up 1-2 times a night starving his head off. Poor kid is hungry. He loves to chew and gnaw on whole foods but he doesn't swallow them. The feeding team is a speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist and dietitian. They look at how he eats, what he eats and reactions. They said that developmentally he's fine but the way his tongue is "humped" (I'm making an example with my hand so you can tell how is tongue is--can you see it?) makes it harder for him to swallow. I didn't know this, but the Gerber Nuk nipple encourages the tongue to stay that way. But because it started that way, he would only take the Nuk when I switched to bottles. Makes me say, "huh." Anyway, they gave me recommendations that basically consists of making him eat pureed baby food. And add some butter for more calories. He's doing a lot better now.

I think the Cumberland Elementry School crossing guard is hilarious. Her husband (partner, whatever) sits in their truck and she sits in there with him in between crossing people. For the longest time I thought she had this funky old lady bufont (sp?) with a hairnet over it. I have recently realized that it is actually a fur skin hat.

My hairdresser called me the other day. I thought it was totally random. She wanted to let me know she doesn't work at the salon anymore. She has to call me again to let me know where she's moving to when she figures it out. Kind of funny. I've been going to see her there for 6 years now.

The doctor I work for decided to have people on-site do my job. So, I'm out of that job. Plus the other company I worked for finally dissolved so I'm out that, too. Which is all okay with me. Actually I new it was coming and I still have our other business to run which has become the red-headed stepchild. And I'm doing some work for the best boss ever. I'm feeling change coming around our house and it's welcome, it just may be a while before it happens.

I'm also really annoyed with this stupid blogger thing because it keeps adding spaces between my paragraphs and I don't want a bunch of random spacing. No matter how many times I delete the spaces and save it, it adds more spaces. Stupid crap.

I love talking to my sister because we can say anything and we still like eachother. I talked to her today and told her how annoyed I was with shopping right now. Seriously, annoyed. And she told me I was fat and ugly, my nose was getting bigger and I'm getting wrinkles. And that when people see me they think, "poor girl, she's just not quite there..." The funny part about it is that she is also fat, ugly, big nosed and wrinkley. And seriously, the girl wears pjs, socks with flip flops, and drives a golf cart to take her kids to school. And people think I'm not quite there?

4 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

Kailey left?!? Aaagghhhhh. And I need a cut too...

Zach and Eli are so cute!

Socks with flip-flops - that's so not right!

PerkinsClan said...

Did Eli have to have a swallow study? Erica's had a couple of those. I have some high-calorie recipes if you're interested. We had to put butter in everything. And she got the good ice cream -- Haagen Daas at 300 cal/half cup.

Kathleen Mangum said...

I miss Kailey. My new guy is good, but Kailey was awesome.

Miss you more though!!

Tracy said...

I love that wallet! And your random paragraphs with the big spaces in between made me laugh. I'm glad that Eli is doing better. And I hope all goes well with the new changes.