So, the night before we went to the Children's Museum, I did have a cookie when I was up with Eli. But that didn't get me any more sleep. Eli was having a worse-than-normal night and I got no sleep. Which is why Eli and I didn't wake up until 10am. Which is why I couldn't get to Gigi's by 11. Which is why we didn't get to the museum until 1-ish.
We finally got to the museum and headed straight to the Lego exhibit.
I love all the awesome things you can build if you have enough Legos. And I'm not sure why Zach won't look at me when I take his picture. Whatever.
I think we spent an hour in the playscape area. The kids had so much fun. I love that they have a couple little safe areas for babies. Eli had tons of fun there and totally forgot he needed a nap.
Of course we had to try out the race car. Zach took a "fabulous" picture of me and Eli. Eli hates the stroller so we used the baby carrier for part of the time.
We had lots of fun. I wish we had known it closed at 5. I also wish I would have woken up earlier so we could have had more time. We didn't have time to see the Comic Book exhibit. (Which I blame myself because I was an hour late...) I also wish we could have gone next week when the Star Wars exhibit would be there, too. Because when little boys keep seeing Star Wars posters, they want to see something Star Wars. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is going to be there starting March 23. Cool thing is they will be there until Jan 2010. I think I'll plan our next visit for this summer when Tutankhamun (Golden King and Great Pharaohs) is there.
I also wish Eli didn't cry the whole way there and the whole way back. Because crying gets very, very old after 1 1/2 minutes, let alone 1 1/2 hours driving time. Zach thought it was great to hit Logan and then tell Logan to hit him back. And of course, Logan took him up on that--who wouldn't? Gigi and I heard our share of Spongebob (fill in the blank)pants jokes the way down. Even Bergen got in on that. Zach also felt the need to try to wake up Bergen and Logan on the way home since Eli wasn't doing a good enough job with the screaming. If you'd like to join us for the next Zach and Eli Freak Show on the Road (i.e. driving with us), hurry! Seats go fast.

5 comments:
We sure enjoyed our time with you and the boys Margot -- even if the museum closed at 5pm and Eli cried in the car. We're ready to go again any time you are!
I guess you had a good time then, eh? I hope I can go with you next time!
I think we'll try to go in a month or two. Jase would love to go with Zach! And we're used to the screaming - Meghan just recently outgrew that phase...
I want to come!! I can't believe how big Gigi's kids are, and yours too. Oh boy, when am I ever coming down again?
Abel would be so jealous of the legos exhibit...I am jealous for him!!
Post a Comment