Remember a couple of weeks ago it was so, so nice outside and you could wear shorts? Jason finally replaced his struts in the Beemer after having his new ones in a box in the hallway for like, 6 months. Then he had to get it aligned. Which one would not think to be a big deal, right?
He took it to Pep Boys (because they had time last night and J has to drive to Indi tomorrow and wanted to take his car because you can't drive the Jeep over 60 mph and I don't want to drive it because trying to get Eli's car seat in the Jeep is like trying to get your 5 year old to fit in the overhead bin on an airplane--kind of hard and people stare.) They had it all night and then today they called and said they couldn't do it because on a BMW you have to place 150 lbs in both front seats and back. Why couldn't they just get 4 mechanics to sit in the car and the 5th align it?
Now he has to take it to the dealer. Which I'm guessing will lead to the service manager asking J how our X3 is working for us. And he'll have to tell him that we got rid of the piece of hud because you people couldn't figure out how to fix it after 6 attempts and I don't like being stranded with no gas and a gauge that says half full.
But here are a couple of pictures of that really nice day, which was my point to begin with. I love that big, huge, baby smile.


Today Jason got up with Zach and Eli while I slept because I didn't get any sleep last night, again, and I didn't feel so hot. Whenever J gets up with Zach he always forgets to give him his pill. So, we had such a fun afternoon... It's actually really funny for a few minutes because when Zach is in his crazy, jumping off the walls mood, he can be very entertaining to Eli. Zach was playing "tag" with Eli this evening. Eli was having fun crawling as fast as he could away from Zach. I'd be trying to get away, too.
That's chocolate on Eli's face. I made cookies tonight and they were so very good that I ate too many, of course, and feel all bloated and fat now but that should motivate me a little more to exercise tomorrow. Which I have been exercising much more often except on those days when I didn't get any sleep and am still so tired that I feel all weak-like and can't do anything for fear of passing out from exhaustion. What? Eli is only 11 months. You thought he might be sleeping through the night by now or something like all the other babies his age? My kids don't do that.

Here is the short version of our evening:
Then at bedtime, after I got Eli to stop crying and settled down in his bed, Zach kept begging me to go to bed as well. Normally I wait 20 minutes after putting Eli down before letting Zach go in because Eli just wakes up at Zach's fake coughs and sneezes and other lame attempts at waking him. But Zach went in and fell right asleep. I love it when he does that. It happens, like, never. Now I can watch The Unit in peace.
So, these days my main computer is my laptop. And I generally would use a mouse with it. But the one I had kept breaking or needing batteries or whatever so I got rid of it and just used the keyboard touch pad and buttons. This drives J crazy and so he hooked up a new mouse for me, complete with a fabulous little bluetooth adapter. But I didn't like that mouse. So, he got another one and hooked it up. And it worked. For one sitting. Then he fixed it again and it worked. For one sitting. And so on. So, I started using my touch pad again. Until the button stopped working and I now have been tapping the touch pad to click with. And I really like my laptop so I guess I need to venture out into the deep, dark garage and find another mouse I like.
And now I'm afraid that I had an actual point when I began writing all this but seem to have lost it in my mind-wandering. I guess it wasn't all that important and should probably go to bed as I have a long list of things to do tomorrow. Including trying to find time to get to the store as I've been trying all week to do. I'm not sure how my life got crazy enough that I don't have time to go grocery shopping. But seriously, I meant to go last Monday as I ran out of bananas last Sunday. And now I'm afraid I'm out of peas as well, which is Eli's favorite dinner. I just hate going to the store with both kids and Eli naps while Zach is at school and I don't really like going at night because I'd much rather be relaxing reading a great book. (That was a joke. I don't read great books--only crappy ones. No, really, I jest. I don't read at all because I don't have time for that. Which may actually be contributing to my declining IQ. And there goes my meandering mind again.)
2 comments:
your wanderings are quite entertaining! But it sounds as though you are VERY tired. try to get some sleep.
missed you at church!
That was just so funny for me to read! And we love the Unit too (go figure)!
Post a Comment