Do you remember the 90's? For me it was Jr. High, High School, Community College, UNLV and work (Marie Callender's and then Taqueria CaƱonita). I hated school. Always. Jr. high was torture. Then high school came around. Everyone was all excited about whatever and, like, we're so cool! I had some good friends my Freshman year but they were like, "Yeah! Whatever!" and I was like, "Dude, whatever." I just wasn't into all the stuff they were: parties, drinking, stupid boys, cheerleading. People were just jumping off cliffs because everyone else was. I was like, "Why do I want to jump?" "Who cares, everyone else is! Let's go!"
Then I moved to Vegas, I had like one friend who was totally punk like me. That was cool. We frequented the punk and ska concerts like Aquabats, Reel Big Fish, No Doubt, Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I was into grunge, skirts with Docs, concerts, crowd surfing (yes, it does hurt when you fall. And you do fall.) and whatever I wanted. I hated stupid high school-ness, pep rallies and cheerleaders, (who so got away with breaking dress code every game day with their stupid uniforms) eating lunch alone because people were stupid and feeling lame because I wasn't like all of them.
This is getting to be a very long story but there's a point here somewhere. The point is, I was never really into what everyone else did. So why am I now blogging about it? That's what I can't figure out. It's like you all have jumped off the cliff and now I'm following. Why? I don't even like the word blog. Blog. Well, I'll see how long it lasts...
Then I moved to Vegas, I had like one friend who was totally punk like me. That was cool. We frequented the punk and ska concerts like Aquabats, Reel Big Fish, No Doubt, Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I was into grunge, skirts with Docs, concerts, crowd surfing (yes, it does hurt when you fall. And you do fall.) and whatever I wanted. I hated stupid high school-ness, pep rallies and cheerleaders, (who so got away with breaking dress code every game day with their stupid uniforms) eating lunch alone because people were stupid and feeling lame because I wasn't like all of them.
This is getting to be a very long story but there's a point here somewhere. The point is, I was never really into what everyone else did. So why am I now blogging about it? That's what I can't figure out. It's like you all have jumped off the cliff and now I'm following. Why? I don't even like the word blog. Blog. Well, I'll see how long it lasts...


4 comments:
You are awesome!! We want to hear about your life. Those of us who are too far away to see you all the time. It's not following the crowd, it's taking advantage of a neat thing to help you share your life with me. Love you!!!
Thanks for joining us :) It is a great tool for keeping in touch with long distant friends and family...
Margot - how funny! You totally remind me of myself during highshool. Decendents was my favorite band. Went to the shows, wore the clothes, had purple hair! It's nice to know there is someone out there like me.
I really think we should all post pictures of us in High School. I think we would all be surprised by the others pictures.
Welcome to Blog Land.
Post a Comment