Zach has been doing Taekwondo for almost 2 years now at the Black Belt Acadamy. He started when he was 3 1/2 and is on his twelfth belt. He's had white, orange, yellow, camouflage, green, purple, and a half belt (decided) in between each of those colors. Tonight was testing for purple-decided (basically purple and a half.)
Here he is as a White belt (Jan 2007) and then White Decided (Feb 7, 2007).
Yellow (August 2, 2007) Yellow Decided (September 27, 2007)
Camo (November 2007) This is the only picture I have of Zach with his Camo belt. I don't know what happened. But I was pregnant at the time... Camo Decided (January 2008) I'm really upset becomes it seems that I don't have a picture for this belt test. But I was still pregnant at the time...
Green (March 2008): He moved up from the Tiny Tiger class to the Karate Kids class. He started sparring and got his own gear. Again I don't have a picture for this test. I can't believe that I missed taking a picture of him three tests in a row. I was very pregnant at this test, but still, that's three tests without a picture. Hopefully I'll find them sometime on another computer somewhere.
Green Decided (May 2008)
Purple (July 24, 2008)
Sparring gear during purple testing.
He was distracted tonight and they were the first group to go but he still did a pretty good job. They don't promote kids based on perfection. This is a video of him doing his form with a few other kids. The "form" is just a series of moves: kicks, blocks and punches.
Zach wearing his new belt, Purple Decided, and holding his old belt, Purple. (September 25, 2008)

1 comment:
Way to go Zach! Taekwondo looks like a lot of work and a lot of fun. Good Job!
Post a Comment