Thursday, October 2, 2008

The One Where Fall Has Arrived

What is it about the Midwest that one day you have the AC going and the next you need the heat? I don't know. But I love it when it starts to get chilly because I get to start wearing my jackets and sweaters. (I like it for about a month. And then I start pining for a California beach in July.) Some day I will have so much money that I will be able to get a whole new wardrobe every season, every year. That wouldn't be a complete waste of money at all. These are a few things that I want now.

I like this because it's short sleeved - all these are short sleeved. I get hot so I hate having really hot layers and I hate taking off layers when I get somewhere and then have to haul it around, like when shopping or whatever. This one you can wear open or tie in the front.This one is cashmere. Aaah, cashmere. "Cash"mere.I like this one because it's ruched. I just like to say ruche. Try it. But don't just say it all boring-like. Roll the 'r' and say it like you mean it. Rrr-uue-shhh. See? That's fun.And I really like blazers and nice little jackets but I find them so uncomfortable. They hardly move with you and when you're trying to comfort the baby while finding a burp-cloth and grabbing your 5 year old away from whatever and answering your phone while driving in the car - don't hit the old, crazy man crossing in the middle of the road, against the light (I live by two old-folks' homes, you know)... It's just not a multitasking clothing item.


2 comments:

Kathleen Mangum said...

I miss you!! I need some new clothes and new shoes, and a new diaper bag. Come visit!! How big is your little one right now??

Tracy said...

oh, its fun to read your blog and have a little laugh at how right you are! thanks for sharing.