Thursday, November 27, 2008

The One Where It's Our Version Of Thanksgiving

I was all set out for a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving day. I had plans of hanging out watching movies and playing games with Zach and Eli.

Zach and I did make some cookies.


Reese's Pieces Oatmeal Cookies. They are so good. No pictures of the finished product but the dough is the best part.



We played this over and over, too. Zach loves to play games.

Well, the not so relaxing part was trying to help Jason get ready for his convention. First I had to finish those tablecloths. Oh ya, Jason says, I need some holes in them for the monitor cords to go through. What, I say? Ya, just cut out some holes, he says. Grrr, Ruff and Arrrggh. You just can't cut out holes in fabric, I say. Oh ya, he says, I need like, some kind of hook or string/ribbon thing to tie the banner to the front of the tablecloth.

I spent many a more hours on those things. I told him I get double time for working on a holiday, billable to the mPlexus boss. I made three of these, all different sizes. They are far from perfect but I was totally making it up as I went along.


And have you ever tried to fold those banquet style tablecloths? They aren't easy. I wanted them folded nicely to cut down on wrinkles. I think I'm as proud or prouder of my folding job than the sewing job.


Then we spent about 2 hours in the evening over at his office trying to pack him up. It's amazing what one needs to display at a convention. I counted at least 6 computers, 3 laptops, 4 monitors, 8 keyboards and maybe 50 different cables and cords. And that's just the beginning. Hopefully Jason will take some pictures while he's there and I can post them later. Finally at about 10:30pm he rolled out for Chicago in a very packed truck.

Now for the good part. First, thank you to those kind offers we received for real Turkey dinners. We would have liked to join you, but we really were busy today!

Second, I am so thankful for a wonderful husband. Jason is such the best. He works so hard at anything he does it's amazing. His company has had so many roadblocks and idoit-blocks it's not even funny. He takes great care of his family. I am so lucky!

I'm thankful for my kids. They are fantastic. Zach - who can sleep through anything. Even a very loud, screaming baby 2 feet away. And Eli - who still fits just right on my chest for a little nap and has decided that he likes his mama the best. I could go on but it's getting late.

I'm thankful for my friends who have made it easy to be away from the rest of my family. And not only easy, but preferable!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: