It's been a long time since I've been shooting. I enjoy going to the range more than outside but this way I can go with my family. (But going alone and shooting 400 rounds at the range is also fun.) Poor Eli had to stay in his carseat in the car the whole time. We got him out at the end when we were only shooting the .22's. They aren't loud and you don't need ear protection.
This was Zach's first time with the hand gun. I'm not sure if he liked it or was scared of it. He has his Cricket that he normally shoots. It's better for him because you have to load each bullet one at a time (he can load and cock himself.) When you're five you may be tempted to get a little "shot happy." Jason kept his hand on the hand gun the whole time just in case. Smart Daddy.

This .22 has a nice scope so you can actually see what you're shooting. I blasted a can into the air. Sweet!

I also had a try at J's AK47 for the first time. He got it while I was pregnant so I haven't had a chance to shoot it before now. It's so heavy I could barely hold it up. He also has a silencer for it that adds a few more pounds.
We decided to try out shooting two guns at once. We used both 9mm's so they'd have the same kick. Jason did a lot better than I did. The Glock kept jamming on me. The grip on it is too big for me so I couldn't hold it tight enough. I prefer my Taurus. He also tells me I'm not standing correctly.

2 comments:
ooh, fun!! if you ever want to do girls' shooting night, I'm totally in!
I remember having a shooting contest for FHE when I was a young'un. It was a pellet gun though.
But I showed Brett this post cause I thought he might be interested and he's impressed with you.
:)
Post a Comment