I have OCD. When I go grocery shopping I organize the items in my cart. (Poor Zach is getting that, too. I put a bunch of baby food bottles in the cart and he started to turn them upright and place them all in a row in the cart.) When I go to check out I organize my items on the conveyor belt. Milk, water and juice first. Then boxes, cereal, granola bars, frozen waffles, etc. Frozen and cold items next, milk and eggs together, then produce. Non-food items go last. Duplicate items must be next to each other or on top of each other. I want everything bagged in the same way I organize them. I get very irked when the
person does it wrong.
During the summer I really like to crank up the A/C. Then I like to open the back door for a warm breeze and sunshine. Very energy-efficient, I know. I should get a
prize.
I went to Goodwill for the first time the other day. (First time in my life? Maybe. At least in the past ten years.) I found myself still looking at the clothing labels as I looked through the racks. Like I'm going to find a great bargain on Kenneth Cole or
Michael Kors or something. Some habits can't be broken, even at the thrift store.
I have a lot of
shoes. I don't wear a lot of them. But if I got rid of them, I'd have less. I love shoes but I don't like feet. Feet aren't cute. They are ugly and stinky. Even yours.
My OCD and ADHD fight a lot. My OCD tells me that I must de-junk, organize and clean. My ADHD tells me that it can wait, nobody cares or it doesn't bother me. This argument goes back and forth often. Unfortunately, my ADHD normally
wins.
I have about 50 different colors of
eye shadow. I wear the same 3 almost everyday. I hate lipstick. I don't like the word or the product. I also hate the word purse. I never used one until I had Zach. I used a diaper bag and could never go back to just putting my driver's license and credit card in my back pocket and roll out.
I have OCD about
grammar. I will re-read emails and posts over and over until I'm satisfied that there aren't any grammatical errors. If I find one later I get upset about it and want to fix it. I fault my mom and grandma for this. They find grammatical errors in everything and I'm becoming that way too. My grammar was always corrected when I was younger and still is.
I don't generally brag about myself. There is a lot about myself that I would change. I have too much hair on my face and arms, I have short, fat fingers, small feet for my height, my nose is too big and my cheeks droop, etc. I could go on and on. But I have great hair (on my head.) It does just about anything and I can normally make it look good in minutes. I do have two cowlicks though which has caused some problems, but generally, it's great hair. And I have a great
stylist, which helps.
Jason has been bugging me to lock the blog. So, if I have your email address I'll add you. If you aren't sure that I have it, leave it in the comments or email me (margotbjones@yahoo.com) and I'll add it so you can continue to keep up with the
Joneses. Haha, I'm so funny.
I love the little individual size Betty Crocker
brownies. They are so good and then I don't eat the whole pan of brownies.
9 comments:
Oh, I'm sad when blogs go private! It makes it harder for me to remember to go and read them b/c my google reader won't update if they're locked. Maybe you could explain that to your husband???? I'm sure he'd change his mind.
If he doesn't, add me to your email list!
Sign me up. But I second Christy - it makes them way harder to read! Just promise Jason you won't post your SSN or address or whatever. :)
Ditto on what they said. It does make it harder to access blogs, but I understand the need for privacy.
Add me! I enjoy reading your blog.
ac_faulkinbury@hotmail.com
I want to be added to your blog too! And BTW, I always thought you had the coolest hair! I was jealous of how you could fix it 50 different ways and always look great!
I'm with Christy and Maren about private blogs being harder to read since I use google reader too, but please add me to the list, melissa.livengood@gmail.com
Ok, so I don't use google reader so I didn't know that. I just use the reader list on the dashboard. I will plead your case to Jason and see where that gets me. I'll let you know.
Add me!! biffysmith34@yahoo.com That's my spam account - but I'll get it. My blog used to be private - but too many people had a hard time accessing it - and it was the people who REALLY wanted to read it having the hard time (ex: grandparents) - so I made it public.
I like staying in the loop of all my bunk-o buddies. Who knows when we'll come again.
fliz15@hotmail.com
I better be on the list!!! Use my yahoo one. I miss you and your OCD and ADHD. I arrange the things in my cart and on the belt, just not quite to well. I do get upset when the baggers stink.
I need your help with the eyeshadow. Will you come up and help me??
xoxo
Post a Comment