A few weeks ago Zach just started randomly saying "John McCain" or "Barack Obama." I guess he is paying attention when he appears not to be. When I saw that Nickelodeon did a "Kids Pick the President" internet vote I had Zach vote. I showed him the two candidates and told him about them. (I was completely unbiased in my discussion with him as well.)
Mom: Barack Obama wants to raise your taxes. That means he'll take your money and give it to someone else.
Zach: That's not nice! Tell him to get his own money!
Mom: So who do you want to vote for?
Zach: John McCain.
Yesterday Zach was talking to my mom on the phone. He told her about his lost tooth.
Zach: I lost my tooth!
Grandma: You did? Did the Tooth Fairy come and leave you money?
Zach: Yeah, I got one dollar! But Barack Obama wants to take it away. He wants to take your money away and that's not nice. He has to get his own money.
Grandma: What!?? I have to go tell Grandpa what you just said.
Grandma continues to quiz him on election topics which Zach new some and got some help from Mom on others. (He knew about "the girl" and now he knows she is Sarah Palin, now he knows Joe Biden, etc.)
Today I picked up Zach at school.
Zach: Tomorrow I get to vote for President at school.
Mom: You do? Who are you going to vote for?
Zach: John McCain.
Mom: That's my boy!
Teach them young and teach them well. I think I'll take Zach with me tomorrow when I go to vote. He can go around telling everyone that Barack Obama will take their money away. When it comes from a 5 year old it's gotta be cute, right?
Mom: Barack Obama wants to raise your taxes. That means he'll take your money and give it to someone else.
Zach: That's not nice! Tell him to get his own money!
Mom: So who do you want to vote for?
Zach: John McCain.
Yesterday Zach was talking to my mom on the phone. He told her about his lost tooth.
Zach: I lost my tooth!
Grandma: You did? Did the Tooth Fairy come and leave you money?
Zach: Yeah, I got one dollar! But Barack Obama wants to take it away. He wants to take your money away and that's not nice. He has to get his own money.
Grandma: What!?? I have to go tell Grandpa what you just said.
Grandma continues to quiz him on election topics which Zach new some and got some help from Mom on others. (He knew about "the girl" and now he knows she is Sarah Palin, now he knows Joe Biden, etc.)
Today I picked up Zach at school.
Zach: Tomorrow I get to vote for President at school.
Mom: You do? Who are you going to vote for?
Zach: John McCain.
Mom: That's my boy!
Teach them young and teach them well. I think I'll take Zach with me tomorrow when I go to vote. He can go around telling everyone that Barack Obama will take their money away. When it comes from a 5 year old it's gotta be cute, right?

4 comments:
Sam said that he's voting for McCain because he won't take our guns away. Nice. I hope he doesn't say that too loud.
I didn't know Zach lost a tooth! He's growing up isn't he.
Zach also started calling Obama and Biden the "bad guys". McCain and Palin are the "good guys". Hopefully he can contain himself at school today for their vote.
Gigi-I know, he is getting big! I have some pictures of him loosing his tooth I just haven't posted them yet.
haha! good training.
Post a Comment